Pale, Male and Stale Boards
Best Practices in Board Refreshment, Diversity, Evaluation and Succession Planning, and the Consequences of Not Getting it Right
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
3175 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Investors and proxy advisors are more focused than ever before on board composition, director tenure, diversity, board effectiveness and internal evaluations. Among the topics this program will discuss are:
- What is preventing diverse board members from being recruited? What are the challenges? Pipeline problems? unconscious (or concious) bias, closed social networks?
- What are the latest board recruitment and succession planning trends and tools?
- What are investors and proxy advisors seeking in the way of board term & age limits?
- How should the board's performand and knowledge gaps be analyzed?
- What should the role of the corporate governance committee and corporate secretary be in conducting board evaluations
This program is pending approval for 1.0 hour of MCLE credit.
Due to the exceptional support from our sponsor and host, Cooley LLP, registration is complementary to members and non-members. Please register by Wednesday, November 23, 2014.