Pacific northwest - open mic call
Thursday, September 20, 2018
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada)
12:30 - 1:30 Mountain Time
This is a 1-hour conference call for Chapter members (and invited guests) to raise questions and share insights about issues we're all grappling with. Mutual confidentiality is a key ground rule for the call. See the Standard Disclaimers and Cautions below.
RSVP HERE to receive the dial-in number during the week before the call, and to submit questions. We also invite questions and active discussion during the call.
“HOW CAN I PROTECT MY NON-U.S. SUBSIDIARY DIRECTORS?”
This quarter’s call will be hosted by Ben Orndorff and Leigh Anne Kiviat of Microsoft Corporation, leading a discussion near and dear to directors of non-U.S. subsidiaries.
Our expert panelists Kristin Beaulieu of Woodruff Sawyer insurance brokers and Katherine Henderson of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati will discuss the special issues that can prevent a U.S. parent company from protecting non-U.S Ds&Os with its otherwise “global” D&O insurance or even company funds. We’ll hear the various ways companies approach this worldwide risk management issue. Please join in the discussion.
- Kristin Beaulieu, a VP and Account Executive at Woodruff Sawyer, is an expert in enterprise risk management, strategic planning, insurance program design and new product development. Her background includes over 20 years of insurance brokerage experience providing consulting and insurance for high-profile, high-risk, and large market cap companies domiciled in the US and abroad. Kristin joined Woodruff Sawyer in 2014 to focus on process efficiency and keeping the tedium out of insurance/risk management while working with her clients to help address their business, operational and financial challenges.
- Katherine Henderson is a partner in the San Francisco office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Her practice focuses on corporate governance, the navigation of corporate fiduciary duties, and the representation of companies and their officers and directors in stockholder class actions, derivative suits, and complex commercial litigation. Katherine specializes in conducting investigations on behalf of management, boards of directors, and special board or management committees; advising companies faced with stockholder litigation demands; and representing companies in stockholder actions and "busted deal" litigation. She also advises with respect to directors' and officers' liability insurance coverage and indemnification issues.
Standard Disclaimers and Cautions
- This call is for Society members only, and their invited guests
- By participating in this call, you are agreeing to mutual confidentiality and you agree that you will not use or disclose any company confidential information.
- At the same time, we should all use good judgment and abide by the Rules of Professional Conduct in the information we share and the scenarios we describe.
- During our call, no new attorney-client relationships are being formed among us
- Also, nothing said here shall be considered or constitute legal advice being given by the speaker to any other person on the call or the entity they may represent.
- This information is being exchanged solely for the educational benefits of exchanging ideas.
Contact Orionis Mercado at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-681-2010 if you have any questions about registration.