September 28, 2015
200 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Registration: 4:00 - 4:30 pm
Insider Trading: 4:30 - 5:30 pm
- Lessons Learned from Prosecutions of Public Company Directors and Employees led by Reed Brodsky - a nationally recognized trial lawyer and litigator, best known for his success as lead trial lawyer in two of the most high-profile white collar criminal cases in recent memory, United States vs. Raj Rajaratnam and United States vs. Rajat Gupta.
FCPA: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Managing Anti-Corruption Risk: Practical Advice for Addressing Issues Relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act led by Lee Dunst whose experience includes white collar criminal and regulatory investigations on behalf of numerous clients, including Fortune 500 companies, accounting firms, corporate executives and special board committees. Also on the panel are Elaine Banar, Global AML and Anti-Bribery & Corruption Head AML Counsel, Guggenheim Partners, LLC; Mei Lin Kwan-Gett, Deputy General Counsel & Global Head of Litigation, Citigroup and Nichlas Fink, Chief Compliance Officer, Alliance One International, Inc.
Welcome Reception: 6:30 - 8:00 pm
September 29-30, 2015
Regional Fall Conference
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY
The New Equilibrium: Balancing Perspectives
START PLANNING FOR THE 2015 PROXY SEASON BY HEARING FROM SENIOR SEC STAFF, GOVERNANCE EXPERTS, INVESTORS, DIRECTORS AND YOUR PEERS - ALL WHILE EARNING ETHICS AND CLE CREDIT.
LAST YEAR'S FALL CONFERENCE WAS SOLD OUT - REGISTER EARLY TO AVOID BEING DISAPPOINTED!!
Please join your colleagues as we come together with senior SEC staff members, governance and industry experts, investors, and proxy advisory firms to reflect on how others are handling the volatility and what you can do to staff your arsenal and prepare your management and board.
At this year's Conference, you will have the opportunity to:
- Prepare for the 2016 Proxy Season with Carol Bowie, Head of Research Americas, ISS; Bill Ultan, Senior Managing Director, Morrow & Co., LLC; Robert McCormick, Chief Policy Officer, Glass Lewis & Co., LLC; Lori Zyskowski, Partner, Gibson Dunn; and Jeffrey Welikson, Vice President, Corporate Secretary and Deputy General Counsel, American International Group, Inc.
- Gain Insight into Board Effectiveness by tuning in to Bonnie W. Gwin, Vice Chairman, Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc.; Alan A. Rudnick, Principal, Masters-Rudnick & Associates LLC; and Sandra Leung, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Stay Abreast of Sustainability Issues with Heidi DuBois, Vice President, Global Sustainability, PepsiCo; Lawrence Ballard, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP; Lisa French, Deputy Technical Director, International Integrated Reporting Council; Andrea Hogan, Counsel, Latham & Watkins LLP; and Bart Kempf, Associate, Latham & Watkins LLP.
- Learn About the Increased Use of Effective Disclosure for Shareholder Engagement from Aaron Briggs, Corporate Securities and Finance Counsel, General Electric Company; Ida Hoghooghi, Managing Director Investor Relations, Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.; Aeisha Mastagni, Portfolio Manager, California State Teachers' Retirement System; and Lyndon Park, Primary Analyst, Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, Blackrock, Inc.
- Discuss Cybersecurity and Board Oversight with Austin P. Berglas, Former Assistant Special Agent in Charge of FBI's Cyber Branch in NY, Current Senior Managing Director K2 Intelligence; Joel Molinoff. Former Assistant Director of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board, Chief Information Security Officer, CBS Corporation; and Judith H. Germano, Former Chief of Economic Crimes at U.S. Attorney's Office for District of N.J., Senior Fellow & Adjunct Professor of Law, NYU.
- Listen to a Director's Insight from John J. Brennan, Lead Director, General Electric Company and Chair Emeritus & Senior Advisor, The Vanguard Group, who will be interviewed by Christoph A. Pereira, Chief Corporate, Securities & Finance Counsel, General Electric Company.
- Hear about the Latest Developments at the SEC with Keith F. Higgins, Director of the Division of Corporation Finance, Securities and Exchange Commission; and Rick Hansen, Assistant Corporate Secretary & Managing Counsel, Chevron Corporation and Chair, Securities Law Committee, Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals.
- Take Away Actions to be Shared in Compliance, Risk Oversight & Audit Disclosure Issues with Alice C. Brennan, Independent Consultant; Sven Erik Holmes, Former Federal Judge, General Counsel and Staff Director for the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, currently Vice Chairman, Legal, Risk & Regulatory & Chief Legal Officer, KPMG; Andrew Bonzani, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. and Christopher L. Garcia, Partner, Securities Litigation and White Collar Defense and Investigation Practices, current member of the firm's Cybersecurity, Data Privacy & Information Management Group, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
- Understand the Activist Perspective through an interview of Peter Feld, Managing Member, Portfolio Manager and the Head of Research, Starboard Value LP by Bruce Goldfarb, President & CEO of Okapi Partners.
- Meet and Listen to a recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences and the John Bates Clark Medal, Dr. Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Prize winning economist for his analyses of markets with asymmetric information and Columbia University professor, will be featured as our luncheon speaker on September 30. Dr. Stiglitz is the author of numerous books, including The Price of Inequality and, most recently, The Great Divide: Unequal Societies and What We Can Do About Them.
- Hear what Companies are doing in the Compensation Arena with Dannette Smith, Deputy General Counsel and Secretary to the Board, United Healthcare; Thomas J. Kim, Former Chief Counsel and Associate Director of the Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Corporation Finance, Partner, Sidley Austin; and Daniel Ryterband, Chief Executive Officer, Frederic W. Cook & Co., Inc.
BUDGET-FRIENDLY REGISTRATION: $695
The conference will help you stay on top of recent developments without busting your budget. For this price, you get not only the Conference but also a two-hour ethics program immediately prior to the Monday evening reception at Gibson Dunn, and cocktails with your colleagues at Time Warner Center on Tuesday evening!
On Monday, September 28, 2015, there will be an Ethics Program from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm, followed by a Welcome Reception for Conference attendees, from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, at the New York City Offices of Gibson Dunn.
The conference program will begin at 8:30 am on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 and end by 3:00 pm on Wednesday, September 30, 2015. The Conference will also include a Cocktail Reception for attendees on Tuesday evening at the Time Warner Center.
Registration will be available starting at 4:00 pm on Monday, as well as starting at breakfast at 7:30 am on Tuesday and Wednesday.
WE ARE APPLYING FOR CLE CREDITS
(INCLUDING 2 HOURS OF ETHICS CREDIT)
Here is what you need to do now:
- Last year's conference sold out and we were forced to turn away late registrants. You should register now to avoid being disappointed.
- If you need accommodations for the Conference, make your hotel reservation directly with The Michelangelo Hotel, 152 West 51st Street, on the corner of 7th Avenue. When making a reservation please ask for Mr. Patrick Hanahan or Mr. Augustine D'Orta at (212) 765-0505. Room rates are $425 per night plus current taxes and are valid from September 28th - September 30th. Room reservations must be made directly with the hotel by 4:00 pm, Eastern Time, on September 7, 2015. Attendees should request the group rate by stating they are with the Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals. Please reserve soon. Last year we sold out!
- Please note there is a 5-day prior hotel cancellation notice or your entire booking cost will be forfeited.
- Register for the Conference on the Society's website here no later than 5 PM on September 16, 2015. On or before September 17th at 4 PM, we will honor a cancellation and return all registration fees if e-mailed to Rachael DeLano at firstname.lastname@example.org. Conference registration forms, links to the hotel website and more information is posted at the Society's website.
We look forward to seeing you in NYC!
Jim Killerlane, President, New York Chapter
Lori Zyskowski, Vice President and Program Chair, New York Chapter
Please do not reply to this automated email message directly. If you have any questions, please contact Tracie Vicki at email@example.com or (860) 234-7201.
Click here for the New York Chapter's Financial Hardship Guidelines.
Click here for the conference brochure.
Click here to access the conference handouts.
The username is your email and the password is "regional2015"