Thursday, December 6, 2018
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada)
12:30 - 1:30 Mountain Time
This is a 1-hour conference call for Chapter members (and invited guests) to raise questions and share insights about issues we're all grappling with. Mutual confidentiality is a key ground rule for the call. See the Standard Disclaimers and Cautions below.
RSVP HERE to receive the dial-in number during the week before the call, and to submit questions. We also invite questions and active discussion during the call.
“WHAT’S HOT FOR THE 2019 REPORTING AND PROXY SEASON?”
This quarter’s call will be hosted by Advisory Committee members Marc Bocci (Portland) and Peter Kraus (Seattle).
Our expert panelists Allison Handy and Danielle Benderly, partners at Perkins Coie LLP, will highlight some of the hot issues to focus on during the upcoming reporting and proxy season. Please join in the discussion.
- Allison Handy, (Seattle) focuses on corporate governance, capital markets and strategic transactions. She advises public and private companies in connection with securities transactions, and complex buy and sell side acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, carve-outs and joint ventures, in diverse industries such as software, manufacturing, retail and advertising, to name a few. Allison also counsels companies on a broad range of compliance and governance issues under the securities laws, SEC regulations and stock exchange rules. She advises boards in matters related to internal investigations and shareholder activists, and works closely with in-house clients and their auditors and advisors to prepare proxy statements and to meet other complex disclosure obligations. Allison is a frequent speaker and author on these issues, including articles, client updates and as a contributor to The Public Company Handbook: A Corporate Governance and Disclosure Guide for Directors and Executives (Fifth Edition, 2016) and to The IPO Handbook: A Guide for Entrepreneurs, Executives, Directors and Private Investors (Second Edition, 2016).
- Danielle Benderly (Portland) provides in-depth counsel to public companies with respect to their corporate governance and securities regulation, SEC reporting and stock exchange (NYSE or Nasdaq) and SEC compliance needs, as well as insider trading issues under Section 16, Rule 144 and Rule 10b-5. Danielle works with companies in various industries, including semiconductor, retail, software, technology, energy, manufacturing, transportation and biotech, ranging in size from small cap to Fortune 500 companies. Danielle's practice also focuses on providing in-depth counsel to public and emerging growth companies, as well as individual executives, with respect to stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units (RSUs), employee stock purchase plans (ESPPs), and other stock-based executive compensation design and interpretation issues, including for public and private securities offerings, initial public offerings (IPOs), mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions and ongoing securities compliance and compensation disclosure obligations. Danielle is a frequent speaker and author on these issues, including the Executive Compensation Disclosure Handbook and many client updates.
Standard Disclaimers and Cautions
- This call is for Society members only, and their invited guests
- By participating in this call, you are agreeing to mutual confidentiality and you agree that you will not use or disclose any company confidential information.
- At the same time, we should all use good judgment and abide by the Rules of Professional Conduct in the information we share and the scenarios we describe.
- During our call, no new attorney-client relationships are being formed among us
- Also, nothing said here shall be considered or constitute legal advice being given by the speaker to any other person on the call or the entity they may represent.
- This information is being exchanged solely for the educational benefits of exchanging ideas.
Contact Orionis Mercado at email@example.com or at 212-681-2010 if you have any questions about registration.